- WCIRB to propose 6.9% advisory pure premium rate increase for 2014
The Workers’ Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau of California announced Wednesday that it will propose a 6.9% advisory pure premium rate increase for Jan. 1, 2014.
- FDA requires new label warnings for opioid pain relievers
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is requiring new product label warnings for long-acting opioid pain relievers to combat prescription narcotic misuse, addiction and overdose deaths.
- Supreme Court asked to review case seeking double damages under MSP
The U.S. Supreme Court has been petitioned to review the case of a Texas man who sued under Medicare Secondary Payer law to recover double damages from his workers compensation lawyer for two back surgeries.
- Workers comp PBMs PMSI, Progressive Medical to merge
Workers compensation pharmacy benefit managers PMSI Inc. and Progressive Medical Inc., announced Friday that they have entered into a definitive agreement to merge.
- Industrial accident group proposes ways to reduce misuse of opioids
The International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions has released a policy recommendation guide to reduce the inappropriate use of opioid pain medications.
- Oklahoma OKs 14.6% workers comp loss cost rate cut for 2014
Oklahoma businesses will see a 14.6% cut in workers compensation loss cost rates for 2014 after state lawmakers passed legislation to create an alternative workers comp system, the Oklahoma Insurance Department says.
- Former Select Staffing risk manager accused of embezzlement
Former Select Staffing Inc. Vice President of Risk Management Fred O. Pachón was jailed Friday on a charge of felony grand theft for allegedly embezzling about $700,000 in workers compensation payments.