- Calif. Senate committee votes to remove Calderon from insurance role
The California Senate’s Rules Committee unanimously voted Tuesday to remove Sen. Ron Calderon as head of the Senate Insurance Committee pending the outcome of a federal investigation into bribery allegations.
- Children to receive survivor benefits after father’s drug overdose
The children of an injured worker who died from an illegal drug overdose should receive lifetime workers compensation survivor benefits, even though their father’s death was not work-related, a Missouri appellate court has ruled.
- OFF BEAT: Ashley Madison employee says typing fake profiles led to injury
A website for married people seeking adulterous affairs could use a workers compensation exclusive remedy defense.
- Insurer subrogation must start while work comp claim is pending: Court
Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., as the underwriter of an automobile policy, failed to properly establish its subrogation interests regarding a workers compensation claim, a Pennsylvania appellate court ruled.
- OFF BEAT: Slip catches man in 20-year fraud scheme
A Cincinnati man pleaded guilty last week to scamming the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation for more than $100,000 in ill-gotten benefits.
- Trooper who killed woman in car accident due workers comp: Court
A Pennsylvania state trooper who accidentally hit and killed a woman with his patrol car should receive workers compensation benefits for psychological injuries that he suffered from the tragic event, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court said in a split ruling…
- Pinnacol Assurance names new president, CEO
Pinnacol Assurance’s board of directors named Philip B. Kalin as the Denver-based workers comp insurer’s president and CEO, the company announced Thursday.
- OSHA proposes mandatory electronic reporting of injuries, illnesses
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has proposed requiring employers to file their injury and illness reports electronically, a change that also would make those records publicly accessible.
RSD Attorney Orange County
Carpal Tunnel Injury Attorney Orange County